Last Updated: July 12, 2023
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and/or use the Economy Lumber website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website; and/or
- In e-mail, text, facsimile, and other electronic messages between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected:
- Offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- By any third party.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not visit our website. By visiting our website, you agree to this Policy.
1. TERRITORIAL SCOPE
This Policy applies to users of our website located in the United States.
2. MINORS AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website and services are not directed at or intended for minors and children under the age of 18. Further, we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If we determine that a user is under the age of 18, we will immediately delete any information provided by the user. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, and especially information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect Personal Information (defined below) and information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information,” together with Personal Information, “Information”) from visitors of our website. For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means the information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a person or a household. We may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, and in those circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. We collect several types of Personal Information, including the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Postal Address
- How you heard about us
- Information about your company, including its name, postal address, phone number, email address, federal tax ID number, contractors license number (if applicable), authorized buyers, entity type, principals, and banking information
- Your credit card and banking information, including credit card number, expiration date, and security code
- Information about your building project, including project name, scope, location, and description of products needed
- IP Address
- Browser Type
- Usage data, such as access dates and times
4. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information from various sources that may include, for example, the following:
- You Directly. Information you provide directly when you use or otherwise interact with our website; fill out and submit forms to us online or via fax; contact us; and/or provide us with feedback.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Our website requires the use of these cookies to properly operate or provide necessary functions relating to the services you request. They include, for example, cookies enabling you to securely access our website. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us and our third-party service providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve how our website works by, for example, ensuring that customers can easily find what they need on our website. These cookies generate aggregate statistics that are not associated with an individualized profile, and are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable helpful but non-essential website functions that improve your website experience. By recognizing you when you return to our website, they may, for example, allow us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, or remember your preferences. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings on your computer or other device you’re using to access our services. If you use our website without changing your browser settings, or if you click the ‘Accept’ button on our website page regarding cookies, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies on the website and that you have provided consent by such actions or conduct. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and erase cookies, including our website cookies. Please note that the website may not work properly without cookies.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our website and its contents to you, as applicable.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any additional services that we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To improve your experience.
- To provide customer support.
- To support internal recordkeeping.
- To conduct market research.
- To investigate, deter, and protect against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To inform you about promotions, events, and news related to our website.
- To contact you with respect to our website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Economy Lumber does not sell, share, lease, or otherwise disclose your Information except as expressly stated in this Policy.
We may disclose Information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our employees on a need-to-know basis.
- To our affiliated companies on a need-to-know basis.
- In anonymized and/or aggregated form to contractors, service providers and other third parties, such as our payment processing partners, we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
7. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS ON OUR SITE
9. OPT-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS WITH ECONOMY LUMBER
You may opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail communication from us by sending us an e-mail at , or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our emails that we send to you. Please note that you will not be able to opt-out of transactional e-mail communication.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties, except as expressly stated in this Policy. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information to third parties. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to .
Further, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) (“CCPA”), does not apply to us. If you have any questions or concerns about the CCPA or its non-applicability to us, please e-mail us at .
11. California “Shine the Light” Law
Separate from CCPA, California residents may, pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the California “Shine the Light” law), request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us, identify yourself as a California resident and provide sufficient information so we can take appropriate action, such as your name, email address or any additional information required.
12. DATA PROCESSING AND SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, by encrypting data in transit, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
We may modify the terms of this Policy and we encourage you to review this Policy regularly. We will inform you about the modifications via email or other commercially reasonable means within 15 days of making any such a modification. Continued use of our website shall constitute acceptance of any such modifications. We will also post the modified version on this page and indicate at the top of the page when this Policy was last updated.
14. USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Economy Lumber Company of Oakland is based in the United States, and our website is hosted here. If you are visiting our website, the laws governing our collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our website or share your personal information with Economy Lumber Company of Oakland, you agree to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you expressly consent to the transfer of your data to the United States, to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
Economy Lumber Company
Oakland, California 94601
”Serving Bay Area Building Professionals Since 1935”