Inside Counter Sales Clerk
Type: Full Time
Experience: Some Lumber Sales Experience a Plus
An Economy Lumber Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling and providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by assisting customers make purchase decisions, efficiently processing sales transactions and ensuring the customer has everything needed to complete a project. Handling sales transactions, inventory knowledge and communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements for the Position:
- Previous experience in a sales/customer service environment
- Computer Skills a must. Familiarity with MS Office, particularly Excel (spreadsheets) a plus
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Familiarity with building materials important
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some Saturday work hours. (Closed Sundays)
- Sourcing and filling non-stock items (special orders)
Sales & Relationship Building:
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers by supplying advice and information, producing timely estimates for packages and projects and following up on sales calls.
- Provides superior customer service while ensuring sales and profit goals are met.
- Follows up on online customer quotes from the Quote Management System and logs updates in the system.
- Supports the outside sales program and contractor customers as directed.
Knowledge & Training:
- Inside sales, experience with lumber and building materials a plus, order taking, data entry, some purchasing, inventory control, Spanish or Chinese language helpful, looking for highly responsible, trustworthy, detail oriented person, great work environment, benefits, our company is rapidly growing, possibility of advancement.
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Competitive salary and benefit package that is negotiable based on an individual’s experience, education and related qualifications.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Join Our Team
Economy Lumber Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity. Possible drug testing is a condition of employment.
”Serving Bay Area Building Professionals Since 1935”